There is a stereotype circulating about people pursuing the spiritual path or deepening their connection to Spirit/God/the Universe.
- We are quiet and do not disturb the peace or avoid all forms of conflict!
- That we are (or at least expected to be) in a constant state of blissful peace and disconnection!
- That we think we are better than others or are judging your life style, belief, or practice!
- That we have an answer for everything!
- That we are constantly reading you, or your mind, or use our intuition as a weapon!
- That we are perpetually calm and acting upon our inner wisdom!
Yes, it's true that for some of us we spend our time in quiet contemplation and we do pursue a life of inner peace... but inner peace and moments of quiet contemplation or reflection does not reflect the entire picture!
- Spiritually seeking and thriving people are HUMAN- just like the rest of us! Your blissed out yoga teacher has had moments where s(he) has emotionally broken down in their car before arriving to teach the class... sometimes for a reason and sometimes for seemingly NO REASON AT all!
- To have PEACE does NOT mean you speak in soft soothing tones, blink and breathe slowly, or walk like you're floating around a cloud! Again, you are HUMAN, and each human is different in their ways of thinking, feeling, and expressing themselves! Some people are louder than others, some messy or unorganized while others know exactly where they last left their glasses and car keys. Traits vary and do NOT define how spiritual, intuitive, or wise that person may be!
Pursuing a state of peace or stillness doesn’t mean that we become voiceless, withdrawn, or quiet however sometimes that quiet time is needed and practiced. Being in a state of peace and stillness means that within the state of our core being- no matter what is going on around us we have a sense of deep peace within us- meaning that we are aligned with who we are and our path that we are currently on. That inner knowingness is a gift that we searched for and found.
Personal expression comes in all forms- meaning some of us are soft spoken, some are loud, some are high energy and talk fast, others are slow and methodical... the list goes on and on! These separate traits vary and none of them make us any better or less than the other.
The "Perfect" Spiritual Coach
What you need to look for in your coach is their message and their gifted ability to help you transform your life for the better using their words, heart, message, and actions.
Being a spiritual worker you need to stay at least most of the time 100% authentic to your core self- that means if you are loud or a warrior woman who runs with the wolves than be that passionate person!
If you are quiet and introverted- allow yourself to exist in that state. If you are combination of the two-predictable or not- then fluctuate as your heart, mind, body, and soul desires.
You are you- a uniquely well and divinely made creature of God here with a purpose and a destination- therefore we will not have the same path- and we will touch many different lives as we go along in our weird and most wonderful ways!
Be you. Express yourself.
Don’t for one second forget that this life and time spent on earth is one that is a delicate balance- even our physical bodies need to stay within a specific homeostatic state- or balance- that when set off leaves us vulnerable to disease and bodily disruption. The same is true for our mental and spiritual selves.
More often than not you will find me in state of high energy, smiling, warm and welcoming. I’ve been told I’m a light in a lot of people’s lives and a strong magnet for abundance and positivity and love- I believe this.
I am usually relatively fast speaking (unless doing guided meditations) and passionate, singing, laughing, dancing, my usual. However, I still need balance- and I need recharging time (quiet time and reflection) to recharge my batteries before I go back into the world as my usual spark plug. This is who I AM. It is a gift that was given to me by the Creator and I use both my strengths and weakness to help all of you.
My question to you: WHO ARE YOU?
Are you a combination? Are you consistent or predictable? Or do you like to switch things up? Are you warrior? A healer? A lover? All of the above?
Let's throw away these ideas of the quiet Spiritual Person/Worker Stereotype and replace them with the truth that we are all beautiful beings spending time here on earth to help lift and love each other and ourselves! It's better this way, don’t ya think?!
Love and light to you all!
What stereotypes are you coming across? Comment below!